Video Blog/Jeff Sacks: Jeff Takes a Look at Dealership Staffing Guides

Video Blog/Jeff Sacks: Jeff Takes a Look at Dealership Staffing Guides
DealersEdge Headlines 
 
How much support staff do you really need? And other key guides…

In this week’s video blog, Jeff Sacks tackles the question of how dealership personnel should be allocated for optimum productivity.

As a rule, says Jeff, 60 percent of a dealership’s employees should be classified as “productive,” with the other 40 percent listed as “support.”

These figures can vary a little depending on the size of the store.

In the service department, at least 50 percent of the employees should be mechanical technicians.

In accounting, there should be one employee for every 17 dealership employees. That ratio rises to 1-to-21 for highline import dealerships.